Thursday, November 25, 2010

11.24.10 - Earnhardt Jr. Issues Statement Regarding Hendrick Motorsports Team Changes

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010) -Hendrick Motorsports announced yesterday Dale Earnhardt Jr., driver of the No. 88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevrolet in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, will race with new team personnel starting in 2011 as part of a three-team organizational swap.  Steve Letarte, crew chief on Jeff Gordon's No. 24 team for the past five years, will become Earnhardt Jr.'s new crew chief.  Earnhardt Jr. issued the following statement to his official website, www.DaleJr.com, in response to the changes announced on Tuesday:

"Rick Hendrick is someone I trust wholeheartedly, and any decision he makes inside or outside his organization is something I support.  He is a 10-time champion owner, and that speaks directly to his ability to lead.  I am committed to give Steve Letarte and the new team 100% of my effort.  I spoke with Steve last night, and his enthusiasm really pumped me up to the point I wish we were going to the track this weekend.  I really enjoyed working with Lance (McGrew), and I want to thank him and everyone on that team for their hard work.  I've had a lot of fun with that group, and we'll continue working together to make all the Hendrick Motorsports teams better."

No comments:

Post a Comment